Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Pouncer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:17 am 
Scrub

Rep: 2
1. About you irl:

How old are you in real life?

How often can you play eve?
Several times a week, but generally only after the kids go to bed (9pm PDT / 04:00 eve time).

Where are you from in real life?
California

What timezone do you live in?
Pacific

2. About you in eve:

How many skillpoints do you have? (linking an eveboard.com character sheet helps a lot)
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Pouncer

What ships can you fly, what do you have experience flying?
I can fly any sub-BS T1/T2 combat ship, but most of my experience is with Minnie HACs / recons and the occasional Curse.

What kind of PvP format do you enjoy (i.e. LR hac gangs, Armor BS, soloing etc.)
Fast moving skirmish gangs in 0.0.

Please link a public killboard with your stats.
These aren't complete, but give a decent overview. I was away from eve for several months fixing various problems with the foreclosed home we recently bought / moved into, but that's pretty much done now.

Evsco: http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37816
Battleclinic: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/c ... me=Pouncer

How do you finance your pvp within eve? (i.e. mission running alt, scamming, savings)
PLEX (I'm not rich - I just want to spend my precious eve time fighting, not grinding)

3. About what you want to achieve in Mad Bombers

Why do you want to join us?
I love fast moving skirmish gangs, but couldn't find enough of them in the last few corps I joined. Reviewing your kb and talking to Calypso, it looks like you're a better fit for me.

List any references you have in corp.
Calypso's Wrath said he'd vouch for me.

Talk about, in brief, your past year in eve, your recruitment history and what you've been doing.
I finally left CH because small gang roaming had died in my TZ and the alliance mostly just wanted to camp PF or play cap-ships online. I hoped 0utbreak would be a good replacement, but half the pilots in my TZ wanted to fly T1 cruisers (or Cyclones), and activity steadily dropped from somewhat dead to completely comatose. Meanwhile, the Euro side was focused on grinding isk for the corp's first titan (sigh).

Then I decided to hook up with old friends from my first 0.0 corp, went inactive for a few months (see house issues, above), and came back to several reminders of why I left the first time.

CH had died from inactivity by then, and several of my old roaming buddies were moving to PL. I thought about applying there, but realized it would just be cap-ships online mk II, and decided to look elsewhere. Veto had started recruiting (for the first time in 2 years!1!1), and a local player with a year in corp said it was the best one he had ever joined, so I joined too. Problem is - I'm into Vagas and 0.0, but they're into BCs and places where multi-billion isk clones are safe. And this weekend kicked off their first "all hands on deck, cap ships are important now, participate at 2am or risk being kicked" CTA kinda thing and, well… (sigh).

Post subject: Re: Pouncer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:19 am 
Corp member

Rep: 162
norcal or socal?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:21 am 
Scrub

Sacramento.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:22 am 
Corp member

why there!? do you work for intel or something!?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:23 am 
Scrub

I work for the State.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:45 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 121
Looks pretty good, do you have any issues with living deep in 0.0? At the moment the corp is based in venal, and the only way to get shit up is either you fly it or wait for the corp jf to do its run.

Are you the kind of person that sits in station asking if there is a gang up or the kind that makes the gang? From the looks of the kb you solo a little bit which is good.

Also do you mind having suspiciously few blues and getting blobbed everyday? :D

Oh yeah, morel, ask your question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:46 am 
Corp member

Shiroi_Okami wrote:
morel, ask your question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:14 am 
Scrub

I based out of Venal (for a while) with hardly any blues back when I was in the Minmatar Mafia, but there was a different kind of Hydra up north back then. The stations were flooded with reds for the first week or two. It's usually pretty easy to get up there at my time of night (with the first ship anyway). If it becomes too much of a hassle, I can always reactivate my carrier alt.

I don't mind starting gangs, but I'm pretty rusty at FCing. It's much more likely to happen if people are sitting in the Vent / TS lobby rather than the afk channel (or offline altogether).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 am 
Corp member

Rep: 120
Bai ZongTong wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
morel, ask your question.

Here, I'll help. Answer this question as best you can:

You are a pilot in some entirely unremarkable corp called "Mad Bombers", you are flying your falcon around when suddenly you spot a neutral flying around in the only other ship formidable enough to endanger you and your marvelous falcon, it is another falcon. Your hands tremble and you lust for blood, however you have no damage mods, and your drone bay contains hornet ecm drones. You must act fast, or your marvelous prey will dissapear back into the night... What do you do?

--
Merc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:47 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 999
ok here is the standard question:

Upon jumping into a camp, hearing the order to burn to the sun, you find the gate between you and the sun, what is your plan of action?

- you are in a vagabond, you have like 2 scimis and 6 mates also in vagas and 2 falcoons
- camp is random mix of armor BCs, guardians and a rapier or two and 2 tackling ceptors. about 35 of them.

Write it as if you are a older cat. wise, but still with a touch of kitten in you. also you love cream. and you have a bad left hind leg after an unfortunate run-in with a moped.
You look something like this, but in space:

think about it properly and reply seriously.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next