PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 121
Merc wrote:
Bai ZongTong wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
morel, ask your question.

Here, I'll help. Answer this question as best you can:

You are a pilot in some entirely unremarkable corp called "Mad Bombers", you are flying your falcon around when suddenly you spot a neutral flying around in the only other ship formidable enough to endanger you and your marvelous falcon, it is another falcon. Your hands tremble and you lust for blood, however you have no damage mods, and your drone bay contains hornet ecm drones. You must act fast, or your marvelous prey will dissapear back into the night... What do you do?

--
Merc

The falcon thing isnt funny unless its antoine m8

Post subject: Re: Pouncer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 am 
Corp member

Rep: 120
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Merc wrote:
Bai ZongTong wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:

You are a pilot in some entirely unremarkable corp called "Mad Bombers", you are flying your falcon around when suddenly you spot a neutral flying around in the only other ship formidable enough to endanger you and your marvelous falcon, it is another falcon. Your hands tremble and you lust for blood, however you have no damage mods, and your drone bay contains hornet ecm drones. You must act fast, or your marvelous prey will dissapear back into the night... What do you do?

--
Merc

M8 this guy IS Antoine posting for lols, dontchaknow?

--
Merc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:52 am 
Brutal Dictator

Merc wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Merc wrote:
Bai ZongTong wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:

--
Merc

M8 this guy IS Antoine posting for lols, dontchaknow?

--
Merc

m8.

No.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:54 am 
Brutal Dictator

Also back on topic, Pouncer, you are flying a vagabond, and faggots be blobbing. They have a mixed gang of bcs and tackle and maybe a hac or recon or two camping you in. They are on a gate in the system you are in, the gate you want to get out of. What is your plan of action?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:56 am 
Director

Rep: 345
Pouncer wrote:
I hoped 0utbreak would be a good replacement, but half the pilots in my TZ wanted to fly T1 cruisers (or Cyclones), and activity steadily dropped from somewhat dead to completely comatose. Meanwhile, the Euro side was focused on grinding isk for the corp's first titan (sigh).

heh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 am 
Scrub

Rep: 2
Morel,

Assuming I'm the head of this litter, we'll hop (mwd) up and stroll the fence line toward the sun, glancing with disdain at the worthless rabble below (maintaining a decent range and transversal to the armor group). The falcons should have no difficulty plucking eyes from the sockets of the guard dogs and their trainer (rapier), while the mice (inties) are shredded effortlessly by incidental swipes from our claws (vagas).

Knowing that dogs like their felines as much as I like my cream, we'll prance and preen along the fence and launch our very sharp claws at any foolish enough to leap from the pack (priority: guardians > rapier > BCs). The older cats (scimitars) will sit back and lick clean the wounds of any juveniles that get nipped.

If the fence is too short, the dogs are too cautious, or my master (FC) announces the provision of a new saucer full of cream, we'll drop to the ground on the other side (warp off), and pad toward the appropriate destination.

Merc,

Damage mods don't matter. He who gets the first jam wins (though ECM drones might give me a second chance if I miss the first round). I hope I'm in point range of the other Falcon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 am 
Brutal Dictator

Duncan Tanner wrote:
Pouncer wrote:
I hoped 0utbreak would be a good replacement, but half the pilots in my TZ wanted to fly T1 cruisers (or Cyclones), and activity steadily dropped from somewhat dead to completely comatose. Meanwhile, the Euro side was focused on grinding isk for the corp's first titan (sigh).

heh

That was when you all went and became carebear fags in stain wasn't it duncan?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 am 
Brutal Dictator

Pouncer wrote:
Morel,

Assuming I'm the head of this litter, we'll hop (mwd) up and stroll the fence line toward the sun, glancing with disdain at the worthless rabble below (maintaining a decent range and transversal to the armor group). The falcons should have no difficulty plucking eyes from the sockets of the guard dogs and their trainer (rapier), while the mice (inties) are shredded effortlessly by incidental swipes from our claws (vagas).

Knowing that dogs like their felines as much as I like my cream, we'll prance and preen along the fence and launch our very sharp claws at any foolish enough to leap from the pack (priority: guardians > rapier > BCs). The older cats (scimitars) will sit back and lick clean the wounds of any juveniles that get nipped.

If the fence is too short, the dogs are too cautious, or my master (FC) announces the provision of a new saucer full of cream, we'll drop to the ground on the other side (warp off), and pad toward the appropriate destination.

Holy shit. We have a winner. hahahaha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: 354

?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 am 
Scrub

Rep: 2
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Also back on topic, Pouncer, you are flying a vagabond, and faggots be blobbing. They have a mixed gang of bcs and tackle and maybe a hac or recon or two camping you in. They are on a gate in the system you are in, the gate you want to get out of. What is your plan of action?

1. Tell the corp / alliance "I have a target rich environment here - anyone else want to join in?" Provide info as needed.

2. If nobody's interested, and there's no apparent bubble capacity among the campers, do the following:

2a. Make a few random safes.
2b. Try to account for all the campers' ship types with dscan; cloaked bubblers are the main ones I'm worried about.
2c. Try warping to the gate at 100 or so (maybe less) from some random direction and motor around (always less than 150k from the campers), making bookmarks and trying to draw off the (presumably small) tackers. A vaga should make relatively quick work of those.
2d. Once the small tacklers are gone, I should be able to get through the gate relatively easily (warp off to random close safe, warp back to gate at 0, jump, warp off if safe on the other side, or motor back if not).
2e. If they have anything fast like a vaga, I'll have to dance around and kill it too (see previous step), before warping to and jumping through the gate.
2f. I could try playing around with aggro timers to split their fleet, but unless they're unskilled (trigger-happy) or down to just a few ships, it's a risky bet, and not really necessary if the tacklers are dead. They may also have ships on the other side that I'm not aware of.

3. If I know they have bubbles, and I can't get external help, then I'll probably find a safe, log off, do something constructive IRL, and check back in half an hour or so. That's because they have the ability to control my destination on the first warp in (step 2c above), and that's generally not a good place to be, unless it's right on top of the gate and they really don't know what they're doing (see step 2f above).

If this answer is too confusing, I'm sorry - it's late, I'm going to bed, and I'll refine it tomorrow. :D

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next