Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Pouncer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 121
Pouncer wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Also back on topic, Pouncer, you are flying a vagabond, and faggots be blobbing. They have a mixed gang of bcs and tackle and maybe a hac or recon or two camping you in. They are on a gate in the system you are in, the gate you want to get out of. What is your plan of action?

1. Tell the corp / alliance "I have a target rich environment here - anyone else want to join in?" Provide info as needed.

2. If nobody's interested, and there's no apparent bubble capacity among the campers, do the following:

2a. Make a few random safes.
2b. Try to account for all the campers' ship types with dscan; cloaked bubblers are the main ones I'm worried about.
2c. Try warping to the gate at 100 or so (maybe less) from some random direction and motor around (always less than 150k from the campers), making bookmarks and trying to draw off the (presumably small) tackers. A vaga should make relatively quick work of those.
2d. Once the small tacklers are gone, I should be able to get through the gate relatively easily (warp off to random close safe, warp back to gate at 0, jump, warp off if safe on the other side, or motor back if not).
2e. If they have anything fast like a vaga, I'll have to dance around and kill it too (see previous step), before warping to and jumping through the gate.
2f. I could try playing around with aggro timers to split their fleet, but unless they're unskilled (trigger-happy) or down to just a few ships, it's a risky bet, and not really necessary if the tacklers are dead. They may also have ships on the other side that I'm not aware of.

3. If I know they have bubbles, and I can't get external help, then I'll probably find a safe, log off, do something constructive IRL, and check back in half an hour or so. That's because they have the ability to control my destination on the first warp in (step 2c above), and that's generally not a good place to be, unless it's right on top of the gate and they really don't know what they're doing (see step 2f above).

If this answer is too confusing, I'm sorry - it's late, I'm going to bed, and I'll refine it tomorrow. :D

Looks good to me :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am 
Corp member

Rep: 120
Nrom wrote:

?

App accepted apply in-game.

--
Munky Chilk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:26 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 999
Pouncer wrote:
(priority: guardians > rapier > BCs).

haha good answer and I see you are accepted already. but primarying guardians > rapier is prob a bad idea. rapiers are your biggest threat and very likely not armor tanked (and if so have weak tanks)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 am 
Brutal Dictator

Morel Nova wrote:
Pouncer wrote:

haha good answer and I see you are accepted already. but primarying guardians > rapier is prob a bad idea. rapiers are your biggest threat and very likely not armor tanked (and if so have weak tanks)

First wise statement I've heard out of you all day

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 999
m8 I'm always wise. like falcor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:58 pm 
Scrub

Rep: 2
Morel Nova wrote:
Pouncer wrote:

That's the priority for cats who are shooting. The Falcons' priority is Rapier > Guardians > BCs (I'm assuming it's easier to jam the Rapier plus (n-1) Guardians than it is to jam (n) Guardians alone). A jammed Rapier is pretty much useless, as is a single unjammed Guardian if he's primaried when all his buddies are jammed. Priorities are flexible if the situation warrants it, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:58 pm 
Brutal Dictator

Pouncer wrote:
Morel Nova wrote:
Pouncer wrote:

That's the priority for cats who are shooting. The Falcons' priority is Rapier > Guardians > BCs (I'm assuming it's easier to jam the Rapier plus (n-1) Guardians than it is to jam (n) Guardians alone). A jammed Rapier is pretty much useless, as is a single unjammed Guardian if he's primaried when all his buddies are jammed. Priorities are flexible if the situation warrants it, of course.

Tbh rapiers are squishy enough that you don't even need to worry about that, any more than 5 vagas and they will die in a fireball, then you can get to work on the logi once the threat to the speed of the nano gang is gone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -80
Pouncer wrote:
as is a single unjammed Guardian if he's primaried when all his buddies are jammed

Why would you even be trying to jam a primaried guardian unless you're literally the worst falcon pilot in history? Oh wait, you're piloting a falcon, so yeah, you're bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:21 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: 354
Falcons are cool and no matter how much you cry or want to make them uncool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 pm 
Scrub

Rep: 4
Nrom wrote:
Falcons are cool and no matter how much you cry or want to make them uncool

NO!!!!! u fking fight dishonoring mexican!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3