Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kims 30 Day Challenge
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -77
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Chunky Milk wrote:
Kimura Masahiko wrote:
yeah im always a bit scared i'm gonna fail and raep my shoulder, have dodgy rotator cuff from a judo injury a couple of years ago. but they are just so boss i can't help but do some every now and then.

yeah, no fuck that shit.

Btw, Doctor thinks it's a corked muscle. Although it's in a really shitty position because it's literally the muscle that connects to the knee or something, hence why I couldn't move my knee. It seems to slowly be getting better though, still swelled up but keeping it compressed makes it a lot more useable.

to quote kim though, knee injuries really are scary

Told you it was a muscle and not a tendon :P

never said you were wrong m8 ;)
however I do have something else for you Dr Shiroi "heat would probably make it heal faster" Okami

The reason for icing (and raising of your leg) it is to stop the continued internal bleeding (and therefore swelling) in the area. not just so you can 'use it'. Putting heat would also exacerbate the problem by allowing the damaged 'mini veins' (forgot the name) to more freely bleed out during the initial 48-72 hours. The first goal is to stop all that from going on, hence ice. Your 'heat would probably make it heal faster' suggestion might be true after the first 72 hours, but it's definitely something to avoid in the first 72.

(also inb4 any backtrack as you definitely said that ice was only used so you could use the area quicker by getting swelling down and that it didn't help with the healing process) m8, could you imagine if I took your advice and put a heat pack on it????

Cheers for all the other advice though. :maverick:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 121
Chunky Milk wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Chunky Milk wrote:
Kimura Masahiko wrote:
yeah im always a bit scared i'm gonna fail and raep my shoulder, have dodgy rotator cuff from a judo injury a couple of years ago. but they are just so boss i can't help but do some every now and then.

yeah, no fuck that shit.

Btw, Doctor thinks it's a corked muscle. Although it's in a really shitty position because it's literally the muscle that connects to the knee or something, hence why I couldn't move my knee. It seems to slowly be getting better though, still swelled up but keeping it compressed makes it a lot more useable.

however I do have something else for you Dr Shiroi "heat would probably make it heal faster" Okami

The reason for icing (and raising of your leg) it is to stop the continued internal bleeding (and therefore swelling) in the area. not just so you can 'use it'. Putting heat would also exacerbate the problem by allowing the damaged 'mini veins' (forgot the name) to more freely bleed out during the initial 48-72 hours. The first goal is to stop all that from going on, hence ice. Your 'heat would probably make it heal faster' suggestion might be true after the first 72 hours, but it's definitely something to avoid in the first 72.

(also inb4 any backtrack as you definitely said that ice was only used so you could use the area quicker by getting swelling down and that it didn't help with the healing process) m8, could you imagine if I took your advice and put a heat pack on it????

They're called capillaries. And m8, swelling is not internal bleeding, they are two very different things. A stretched or strained muscle should not produce any internal bleeding, and though it will break a few capillaries, the amount of blood you lose from those before they are repaired is so small you can't even really measure it. Normal swelling is a flooding of white blood cells (Not blood) and tissue fluid (lymph) into the area to clear out any debris and ward off infection (If the surface of the skin is broken)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am 
Corp member

Rep: 12
Is there a place where u post pictures of ur progress?

Just wanna see if I can keep up while sitting in a dark room, having a smoke and a brew.

btw about to crack the 100kg again, which hopefully comes down to the swellings I have in my knees tho.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm 
Hydra RELOADED

Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Chunky Milk wrote:
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Chunky Milk wrote:
Kimura Masahiko wrote:

yeah, no fuck that shit.

They're called capillaries. And m8, swelling is not internal bleeding, they are two very different things. A stretched or strained muscle should not produce any internal bleeding, and though it will break a few capillaries, the amount of blood you lose from those before they are repaired is so small you can't even really measure it. Normal swelling is a flooding of white blood cells (Not blood) and tissue fluid (lymph) into the area to clear out any debris and ward off infection (If the surface of the skin is broken)

Wasn't stretched or strained, was a hard blunt force to the muscle. (100kg person diving helmet first to my unprotected muscle while I was at full pace going toward him) Dunno, just going by what the doctor described to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:02 pm 
Corp member

Rep: 221
i found a kettlebell.
after i have brushed most of the rust off (i'll leave some so it looks more hardcore unless i find spray paint as well), it will be utilized in my further pursuits of endorphins. if we end up bonding emotionally, i'll consider giving it a name as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 pm 
Director

Rep: 510
So made some new friends
a powerlifter guy
the hueg roidguy i mentioned earlier
average lifter guy who doesn't squat or DL
They suggested i take some test for boosting dat metabolism :smug:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm 
Director

Rep: 575
green light, but please photodocument your balls :maverick:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 pm 
Director

Rep: 510
test e doesnt rape ur dick tho?????????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:13 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Dark Soldat wrote:

test e?

you'd get some pretty good quick results that will stay with you, but don't do that shit long term imo.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:15 am 
Director

Rep: 575
Dark Soldat wrote:

well shit, what r u waiting for then?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 27 of 32   [ 319 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next