Post subject: Re: I'd like to train but don't know how, QA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:55 pm 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 999

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:25 am 
Corp member

Rep: -18
gym memberships are actually 100 bucks a month in aus... so literally not doing it ever. (

so i ask again... WHAT IS NEEDED?

i sincerely doubt that a weight set will ever be more than 100 bucks:

http://www.sportandrec.unsw.edu.au/memberships/membershipprices - this is literally the cheapest one and its not actually this cheap cos you need to pay the uni 200-300 bucks a year on top of this (for arc membership) to be eligible at all for the cheap prices. - they just assume everyone is retarded enough to have one anyway.

http://www.worldfitness.com.au/index.php?cPath=7&osCsid=0d17d9c39988ed7cb6ca69fb3794da20&gclid=COm4zIiay6oCFY0lpAodTQs6yg
so even if i need to buy 3-4 of these in the long run it still saves me loads and loads of money, AND i dont have guys grab my ass.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -77
Minigin wrote:
gym memberships are actually 100 bucks a month in aus... so literally not doing it ever. (

so i ask again... WHAT IS NEEDED?

i sincerely doubt that a weight set will ever be more than 100 bucks:

http://www.sportandrec.unsw.edu.au/memberships/membershipprices - this is literally the cheapest one and its not actually this cheap cos you need to pay the uni 200-300 bucks a year on top of this (for arc membership) to be eligible at all for the cheap prices. - they just assume everyone is retarded enough to have one anyway.

http://www.worldfitness.com.au/index.php?cPath=7&osCsid=0d17d9c39988ed7cb6ca69fb3794da20&gclid=COm4zIiay6oCFY0lpAodTQs6yg
so even if i need to buy 3-4 of these in the long run it still saves me loads and loads of money, AND i dont have guys grab my ass.

Kim, I've seen Minigin and even a basic workout will probs beneficial. But seriously minigin I think it's worth trying out a gym, you get n1 workouts mate.

And you can definitely find cheap gyms. Like $15 a week or so. Gyms can be pretty chill because it's very easy to get motivated, because, you know, you're only there for one reason.

btw your jokes about MEN LOOKING AT MEN in gyms are kinda stale, all three of us can see the real reason you don't want to go is because of insecurities (not trolling) which is understandable, but like Nexus said, you'll get over the insecurities of being in a gym pretty quickly and realise that in most gyms people are pretty chill m8er

:maverick:

A weight set is usually more than $100 ;)

edit: You need dumbbells, a barbell and weights. (a bench press is probably the other thing you really need to get started)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:21 am 
Corp member

Rep: -18
chill and gay...

and yeh any basic routine would work.

also as an aside i understand a lot of people use gyms for motivation... but thats literally not a problem i have. so just let me know what a basic routine is how long i should be aiming for etc etc AND SEND ME ON MY WAY SPACEFRIENDS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:01 am 
Director

Rep: 510
+
+ a proper barbell
+ like 100 kg in weights to get you started
My subtotal for the MOST BASIC SHIT YOU WOULD EVER NEED FOR SS came down to Sub-Total: $1,177.00
glhf ask your parents to buy it 4 u LOLOL XD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 am 
Director

Rep: 575
if u r a students uni gyms should be free or cheap. and even if u r not they should still be cheap and well equipped cos lots of students do sports and shit.

my uni gym was like £15 a month for students, £25 for non, but it would take like 5-10 years to make buying your own shit cheaper, unless you are so scared of other people that not having to leave the house surmounts that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:58 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -77
Kimura Masahiko wrote:
if u r a students uni gyms should be free or cheap. and even if u r not they should still be cheap and well equipped cos lots of students do sports and shit.

hahahahhahahahahaha... actually I shouldn't laugh, I wish it were true :cry: . Our uni gym is more expensive than most, simply because they can charge more purely based on convenience.

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/sara/assets/d ... 013371.pdf

So basically before you can even use the gym you have to pay for a sports centre membership. You pay $50 for a 3 month membership. What does this entitle you to? Well good sir, it means that you can pay membership prices to use the gym. These work out to $65 for a 12 visit pass, or if you go 3 times a week $16.20, if you go 4 times a week, ~$22 and make sure to add $4.25 a week for the membership cost.

tl:dr 4x week = $26

Ok still not a shitload, but over a month that's ~$100, a shit ton more expensive than UK prices. Although there is still cheaper gyms, generally they are off campus though. Minigin for home stuff you also don't really need the top picture & can find decent packages of bar, weights and a bench press for like $500. (you can go ultra cheap from ebay though too) You will pick up a lot of tips/hints etc from going to a gym though.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 4 of 9   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next