It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 9   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'd like to train but don't know how, QA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 pm 
Director

Rep: 423
m8 just go to the gym

i admit it can be difficult to start off with but you'll get used to it and eventually actually start looking forward to going

true story son

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:19 pm 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -77
Mickey Simon wrote:
Is my diet super important? Or is just eating lots of protein like I usually do, combined with the lifting of weights likely to do the trick over a period of time?

Diet is the biggest factor. You might spend 5 hours in the gym a week, if you're lucky. You spend vastly more than that stuffing food into your body. Also your body can literally only work with what you put into it, it has nothing else. Diet is super important. In terms of being healthy it's easily more important than intense exercise in my opinion. The main first step of gaining lean weight however is simply getting enough calories into your body. Honestly, because I find it hard to put on weight my main factor is actually carbs then protein. Kim and Soldat would be the opposite though.

Oh about feeling bloated. feelings of being bloated change the more you force yourself to eat. Basically if every meal you force a bit more in, then you feel less bloated the next time you do it. Also when you do resistance training chances are you'll naturally feel like eating more too. That bloated feeling is all in your head.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 pm 
Director

Rep: 445
http://www.buildingbodies.ca/Cardio/hig ... loss.shtml

This is a really good page if you're looking for the best ways to lose some weight. Doesn't really apply if your trying to tone or build lean muscle though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:10 pm 
Director

Rep: 510
Looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated
Just do a calorie deficit + liftan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 pm 
Corp member

Rep: 221
from that list, HIIT is very effective and there's nothing complicated about it: you just fuck yourself just a tad beyond the 25% of human capability (that's as far as random people are willing to go when training) for a mere 10 minutes and it keeps your metabolic rate higher for the rest of the day or so, which is very beneficial for weight loss. srsbiz bodybuilders also use it to drop body-fat from their 'normal' (off-season) state to competitive. if you do it with sprints and on the street, when you start getting worried looks during recovery, you're doing it right.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 pm 
Hydra RELOADED

Suitonia wrote:
http://www.buildingbodies.ca/Cardio/high-risk-fat-loss.shtml

This is a really good page if you're looking for the best ways to lose some weight. Doesn't really apply if your trying to tone or build lean muscle though.

Dark Soldat wrote:
Looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated
Just do a calorie deficit + liftan

although I think it's more to do with the fact that's it's very wordy and is aimed more toward athletes or people who are already lean/had a lot of training. (such as protein after cardio thing (which I do) but isn't necessary unless you already have muscle that you don't want to lose from the cardio. Good article, + rep.

I still think the best thing to do when it comes to exercise is keep things simple and actually do it regularly. Learn the basics and then do. A lot of the extra little techniques won't make those big gains, doing and being strict about the basics will. ie: calorie deficit + actually training.

edit: also it does actually apply if you're trying to build lean muscle because those building lean muscle also need to avoid losing muscle when doing cardio, for which that article has real good advice about when to take protein. It also had good advice on when to do cardio in order to lose fat, in essence in order to become lean.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:08 pm 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -5
Guys if you don't like going to the gym just suffer the consequences. You can also just do shit at home. Buy something that's about 60 kgs and can fit on your back/shoulder area and squat with that. If you can't squad 60 kgs then squat 40 or 20. Hell, you can squat people if you want, got a little sister? take her for a ride.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:58 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: 354
buy one of those swimming pools with a jet on it. like a big jacuzzi but u swim like ur vs a tidal wave and they are small enough for a small house and shit. expensive ones turns into a real boss tier jacuzzi.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 am 
Corp member

Rep: -18
want to do more core strength stuff.

plz advise on a workout i can do from home, how long it should go for, if i need to increase my food etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:28 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Just at uni so ill post in a bit, though I wanted to ask if you're able to buy a set of dumbells? Doesn't have to be anything fancy at all, but it would be nice to have a little weight to use for overhead presses and to work your triceps, biceps, shoulders and back.

(although a single barbell with some weights would be the most beneficial if you have room for one, again nothing fancy)

How have you found doing the planks & have you tried decline push ups yet?

n1, on the motivation btw. I've been slacking since I've been mentally drained studying non-stop and from gridiron training. not good :(

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 9   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next