Change font size
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 9   [ 90 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: desquibnt
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 am 
Scrub

Rep: 0
Let me just preface this by saying I am a total noob. If you don't want noobs in your corp, read no further.

1. About you irl:

How old are you in real life?

how often can you play eve?
Every day just about

Where are you from in real life?
Detroit (I'll pop a cap in yo ass fo real)

What timezone do you live in?
Eastern (US)

What languages do you speak?
English. I've got 2 years of college German under my belt but I can't speak it for shit.

2. About you in eve:

How many skillpoints do you have? (linking an eveboard.com character sheet helps a lot)
I've got two accounts. My main (http://eveboard.com/pilot/desquibnt) has got about 2.6m SP and skill points all over the place. Someone in my current alliance gave me like 150m isk for no real reason and I went and spent most of it on all the skillbooks I had the pre-reqs for and implants so I've got a ton of low level, random skills.
An alliance mate of mine was selling a couple bomber/cyno alts that he was training but couldn't afford anymore so I picked up one of those for cheap. It's got bit more direction with most of the SP in electronics and missiles, but I have trained a couple random skills on it to help out my main with stuff like hauling and salvaging. I'm a little over a week from being able to fly an interceptor when I finally get around to training Evasive Maneuvering V and I imagine I'll be a lot more useful in one of those. http://eveboard.com/pilot/dou_ceino

what ships can you fly, what do you have experience flying?
My main can fly a Drake but my missile skills on it aren't great so I can't imagine it being much help. When I go on PvP roams or ops with my current alliance, I usually go on a tackle frig or a bomber on my alt. I can bomb pretty well, I've got the theory down and done a few runs on hostile targets so I can do it competently.

What kind of PvP format do you enjoy (i.e. LR hac gangs, Armor BS, soloing etc.)
Anything but large fleet ops. God, I hate them so much. That's the main reason I want to leave my current alliance. The big ops are always large fleets that just shoot a PoS and go home because no one challenges us. Then the small fleets are shitfleet roams that always get us all killed. I want to do some actual small gang shit and kill stuff with people who actually know what they're doing.

Please link a public killboard with your stats.
Main: http://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=49422
Alt: http://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=58794

How do you finance your pvp within eve? (i.e. mission running alt, scamming, savings)
Mainly been ratting in a Drake. But my god is it boring (which makes me space-poor). I've never really done anything else besides the occasional mining so I'm game to try just about anything.

3. About you in Genos

Why do you want to join Genos?
Heard you guys to small gang roam PvP. Which is what I want to get in to.

List any references you have in corp.
Dunno what his name is in Eve but his reddit account is FMERCURY. (http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/d6rfy/strategic_ops_suck/c0xyy78?context=3

Talk about, in brief, your past year in eve, your recruitment history and what you've been doing.
Past year? HAH. I'll talk about my past two months, how about that?
A friend got me into Eve with the steam sale two months or so ago. I joined his corp of 10 guys as soon as I was done with the tutorial missions but only stayed there like a week. It was just too small and no one was ever on. They pretty much did wormholes or lvl 3 missions all the time so it wasn't that interesting.
I went from the high sec carebear corp to a low sec carebear corp after that. Pretty much all they did was lvl 4 missions in null sec. It was interesting for a while but got boring pretty quickly.
It was around then that I found the reddit.com corp, Dreddit. I tried to get in but I didn't meet their requirements. So instead I joined another corp in their alliance. That went pretty well for about a week before the CEO went batshit insane and got the corp kicked from the alliance. Since I was there for the alliance and not the corp, I looked around and got an invite from another corp in the same alliance.
That's where I'm at now and it's pretty cool. They're a large null sec corp in the Northern Coalition. But they claim to be PvP based but all the PvP is either large ops attacking sov instead of people (so fucking boring) or small shitfleet roams where everyone always dies at the end (so fucking frustrating). I've tried getting some legitimate roams together but as I'm new and can't really bring anything useful to the table in terms of ships or FC'ing ability, I'm pretty much always snubbed.
I'm getting kind of sick of it. I'm trying to find a place in this alliance where I can actually have some fun but it's definitely not easy. It's getting to the point where I'm seriously considering either quitting the game or finding a small corp/alliance that doesn't have the gigantic bureaucracy and doesn't have to worry about shit like sov.

So yea, that's me in a nutshell. I know I'm a nub but I'm pretty smart (if I can say that) and learn quickly. My SP might not be where you guys would like it but I'll get there. I'm an obsessive gamer so if I find something fun in a game, I'm pretty much logging in every day and playing for 3 hours or more. I really want to get something out of this game and have some fun but my current corp/alliance just isn't doing it for me. If you guys will take me, I'd like to join, start killing shit, and have some fun in a spaceship.

Jesus, my wrists are killing me. I hope this is enough for you guys because I'm not typing any more.

Post subject: Re: desquibnt
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:49 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -80
desquibnt wrote:
Let me just preface this by saying I am a total noob. If you don't want noobs in your corp, read no further.

Look at all those words you wasted.

Edit: I'm confused, do you actually know fmercury and he's a reference for you or is he just some member of a forum you're also a member of?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 am 
Director

Rep: 345
Your Application is pretty good but we aren't accepting players who are new. I'd recommend checking out Agony Unleashed. They do smallish gang pvp and might be more willing to take on new players or at least recommend a good direction for you to go. Anyone know other small gang pvp corps that take on new players?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:53 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Duncan Tanner wrote:
Anyone know other small gang pvp corps that take on new players?

RvB is the only thing that comes to mind, but that's kind of fake pvp. Agony is probably his best bet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:55 am 
Scrub

Lexa Hellfury wrote:
desquibnt wrote:

Edit: I'm confused, do you actually know fmercury and he's a reference for you or is he just some member of a forum you're also a member of?

For the first part, stfu, faggot. You've been in the corp a week. http://genos.litheye.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=951

For the second part, I messaged FMERCURY after he posted that and asked if his corp was recruiting because small gang pvp interests me. He messaged back with the link to this forum and said he'd put in a good word me but that the corp was very selective. So I thought I'd give it a try. Don't really have much to lose, now do I?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 am 
Hydra RELOADED

desquibnt wrote:
Lexa Hellfury wrote:
desquibnt wrote:

For the first part, stfu, faggot. You've been in the corp a week. http://genos.litheye.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=951

+rep :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 am 
Corp member

Rep: 57
desquibnt wrote:
Lexa Hellfury wrote:
desquibnt wrote:

I like him just for this.

Upon jumping into a gatecamp and hearing the FC's order to burn towards the sun, but finding that hookbills are in your path, what is your plan of action?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Mickey Simon wrote:
Upon jumping into a gatecamp and hearing the FC's order to burn towards the sun, but finding that hookbills are in your path, what is your plan of action?

Explode inside your own bubble ofc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 am 
Scrub

Mickey Simon wrote:

Who the fuck flies a hookbill in PvP? I thought I was the nubcake here, but apparently I was wrong. You guys are retards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 am 
Corp member

Rep: 57
desquibnt wrote:
Mickey Simon wrote:

Who the fuck flies a hookbill in PvP? I thought I was the nubcake here, but apparently I was wrong. You guys are retards.

It's a simple question.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 9   [ 90 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next