Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 21   [ 206 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: LAWYERING MEGATHREAD [contains massive amounts of :intigo:]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -77
Shiroi_Okami wrote:
Chunky Milk wrote:
. Also I don't think it's completely retarded, at least in places that don't allow for reasonable mistake of fact of the age of the victim.

The fact that two 15 year olds having sex constitutes them each raping the other in the eyes of the law (In certain places) is completely retarded. There is no other way around this.

Too many issues itt. Thought we were talking about arguing Fraud-Rape as a defence (as per joe's post) which in essence would be double rape too lol

Post subject: Re: Interesting things to read???
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:36 am 
Director

Rep: 510
Dark Soldat wrote:
can u move ur terrible wannabe lawyer diffirences to the pubbie bazaar? thx cu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:36 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Minigin wrote:
yah i dont think theres enough of a distinction between a 15 year old and a 12 year old sleeping together as a 15 year old and a 13 year old. (nor for that matter two 14 year olds sleeping together) you can claim its harmless all you like, it can be very damaging to someone that young in any number of ways to be involved in a sexual relationship.

We discussed this actually. Basically the law tends to lean toward not stepping in when it comes to social relations. Seeing as it's mostly not harmful for teens to have sex then it doesn't step in to stop outlaw minors from having sex. Which does make sense, just because it's harmful to some doesn't mean it should be against the law and result in a conviction if you do it. 2 years is arbitrary but it's kinda hard to think of another number really, 1 is probably to close and 3 years is probably too much lol. I guess the law is also hoping it shouldn't have to do all the work in preventing harm and that maybe parents should pick up the slack and actually look after their kids. Which I also agree with.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 am 
Corp member

Rep: -18
was it foreseeable that your actions would lead to the: infection / impregnation / psychiatric harm of a minor? (did you have the required level of mens - i would say intent or reckless indif) - btw this isnt me getting this from any legal stuff, im just making myself out to be a justice of the hca lulz

really seems like you are mixing what is generally practiced in society and what is a culpable act.

piracy: culpable... but widely practiced.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Minigin wrote:
was it foreseeable that your actions would lead to the: infection / impregnation / psychiatric harm of a minor? (did you have the required level of mens - i would say intent or reckless indif) - btw this isnt me getting this from any legal stuff, im just making myself out to be a justice of the hca lulz

really seems like you are mixing what is generally practiced in society and what is a culpable act.

I have literally no clue what you're talking about here...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:49 pm 
Corp member

Rep: 221
random long/fancy words and occasional latin is sometimes be used to baffle people with bullshit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:51 pm 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: 354
Minigin wrote:

piracy: socially accepted
sex between minors: socially accepted

anti iure customs so widely accepted and encouraged, yet kept ilegal by puritans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:46 pm 
PODLALA

Rep: 194
agreeing with nrom that statutory rape is mostly bullshit from a mostly bygone age.

afaik being sexually attracted to post pubescent (like 15+) minors isn't even a sexual deviancy according to the DSM's schedule of sexual deviances (which is a really fun read btw.) except some "experts" will say that it is a sexual deviancy to be willing to break the law to satisfy any sexual urge. that is even more bullshit because imagine if all sex were outlawed - everyone would break the law to take care of business.

not saying it's a good idea, but it's not really "perverted." it's actually totally natural. vOv of course, 15 year pregnancies are bad bad bad. that alone's a p good reason for criminalizing sex with minors. but then making people register and p much shitting on the rest of their life as is done here, that's just fucked.

also, minigin and chunky, i do remember the "intention" argument or whatever it was. can't say i had any better idea what that was all about then as i do now (think i was more concerned with not die'ing my is-3). but it's not really about that, is it? for law students arguing over shit nobody else cares about is like a samurai sharpening his katana - just a hell of lot less badass.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 pm 
Director

Rep: 181
if u carry on with this non interesting things to read this thread will be locked

just saying

Post subject: Re: LAWYERING MEGATHREAD [contains god damn latin]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 pm 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 999
now you got your own lawyer thread. keep in here plz

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 21   [ 206 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next