Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Sian Ka'an
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 am 
Corp member

Rep: 74
How old are you in real life?

How often can you play eve?
30ish hours a week would be nice...it usually works out to be 60 to 70 hours.

Where are you from in real life?
Germany

What timezone do you live in?
Pacific

What is your favorite Lady Gaga song?
Poke her Face

What languages do you speak?
English, German both in socially acceptable and unacceptable varietes

2. About you in eve:

How many skillpoints do you have? (linking an eveboard.com character sheet helps a lot)
22+ mil http://eveboard.com/pilot/Sian_Ka'an

What ships can you fly, what do you have experience flying?
I more or less focus on combat interceptors and other frigates. Whenever i was in a gang i was the preferred scout/tackler. Recently started messing with bc's and i like the cane. Hac's are basically ready as well. ( just need to train the skill)

What kind of PvP format do you enjoy (i.e. LR hac gangs, Armor BS, soloing etc.)
Solo... i love pissing off the carebears in fountain and then picking the revenge blob apart. If not that, i sure like small gang stuff and being outnumbered. Gives me a certain sense of achievement.
Oh and i, for some reason, have a hardon for passive shield tanks.

Please link a public killboard with your stats.
http://ccim.id.au/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=39017
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Sian%20Ka%27an

How do you finance your pvp within eve? (i.e. mission running alt, scamming, savings)
I maintain jump clones in fountain for ratting/plexing. If its too hot there and cash runs low i have been known to sell a plex or two. Yet, for the most part, pvp loot goes a long ways.

3. About you in Genos

Why do you want to join Genos?
I want to blow stuff up and want to be around people that want the same. Sick of hearing “Is somebody doing something?..... Yeah im over at “insert carebear system here” stirring shit up!.... Ahhh, i’ll just rat then.”

\List any references you have in corp.
Nobody to list..sure would be nice though haha.

Talk about, in brief, your past year in eve, your recruitment history and what you've been doing.
Started in noobcorp, just like all of us, eventually got sick of it and joined some 0.0 recruitment corp thingie. Was in there for 30 days or so ALONE. Took a break from eve caus playing by yourself sucks. Came back, got on board with a indie corp called DEGENERATE CORP belonging to ELITE TRADE GROUP in Genesis. They eventually faltered and merged all pvp pilots into the corp called COSMIC CIMMERIANS. I’ve been with CCIM since then..so 11months and a few days.
Got the first taste of blood flying with ETG and got hooked. I got myself into an interceptor and got my solo ass plastered all over eve but i learned a lot of stuff doing that. Eventually skills and experience came together and things started working out.
The corp moved around a bit..i got to blow stuff up solo in providence, syndicate and fountain and got pretty decent at it. I kept a JC in Kamela for occasional lowsec fun. But ya...solo roaming is pretty much all i have done unless there was a fleet departing somewhere.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live" - Richard Safreed

Post subject: Re: Sian Ka'an
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:36 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: -80
Sian Ka'an wrote:
Whenever i was in a gang i was the preferred scout/tackler.

What made you a good scout and what ship/fit do you use?

Sian Ka'an wrote:
What kind of PvP format do you enjoy (i.e. LR hac gangs, Armor BS, soloing etc.)
Solo.

Sian Ka'an wrote:
Sick of hearing “Is somebody doing something?..... Yeah im over at “insert carebear system here” stirring shit up!.... Ahhh, i’ll just rat then.”

These two answers seem contradictory, could you please clear things up?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:38 am 
Director

Rep: 510
Sian Ka'an wrote:
60 to 70 hours.

CHED's thread must be gone

also obligatory quesiton

Upon jumping into a gatecamp and hearing the FC's order to burn towards the sun, but finding yourself primary, you warp to the sun in hull, but find that there is indeed, a hictor there tackling you, what is your plan of action knowing that close clsoe close is filling with hostiles?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 am 
Brutal Dictator

Rep: 121
Lexa Hellfury wrote:
Sian Ka'an wrote:

Sian Ka'an wrote:
Solo.

Sian Ka'an wrote:
Sick of hearing “Is somebody doing something?..... Yeah im over at “insert carebear system here” stirring shit up!.... Ahhh, i’ll just rat then.”

He means he likes soloing, but it sick of only being able to hang out with carebears

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:59 am 
Corp member

Rep: 129
Don't train Interceptors to V, Inties are crap and your supports are severely lacking. Just a friendly tip in general. Not gonna rip on your skills much because you have so low SP, but there are some slightly retarded moments in there. Like, you didn't even train the overloading support skills (Nanite Operation and Nanite Interfacing).

SP limits you. You can't fly a single ship that is useful to us in the primary gang we run except for a Dramiel (or Interdictor if you train that up), if you fancy sitting 300k off fights for warpins.

Good solo work though, always great to see that in people.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:18 am 
Corp member

Lexa Hellfury wrote:
Sian Ka'an wrote:

I am decent with the directional scanner and my comms are to the point. I plex on my alt..which helps in distinguishing anomaly from plex wrecks...saving the 30sec it takes for the system scan. On top of that everyone knew i fly frigates a lot and that i would be able to keep the little thing alive moreso than others present.
And when you fly solo a lot, you get a pretty good idea of what you can take and what you cannot. Not to mention a basic knowledge of weapons and ship setups you encounter.

My tackler of choice is the Stiletto. Some may argue the tank on this being too big, but it can take out a load of warrior 2's before breaking. And it can tackle a lot of otherwise nasty turret ships with the TD.

My fit:
[Stiletto, tackle]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Warp Disruptor II
Medium Shield Extender II
DDO Photometry Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
[empty high slot]
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Sian Ka'an wrote:
Solo.

Sian Ka'an wrote:

Sure can...yes i like flying solo, i like flying in gangs as well and do not mind people joining me...yet for the most part i ended up flying alone, because said people asking of something going on were actually looking for some kind of blob to join instead of flying in pacsk of 2 or 3 frigates.

In the words of a former CEO of the same corp..."lazy pvp'ers waiting for the blob".

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live" - Richard Safreed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:18 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Shiroi_Okami wrote:
He means he likes soloing, but it sick of only being able to hang out with carebears

Maybe you could let the applicants do their own applications?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 am 
Hydra RELOADED

See Shiroi, he was able to answer the question all by himself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 am 
Hydra RELOADED

Rep: 42
explain this fit

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/k ... d=11109770

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:26 am 
Corp member

Intigo wrote:
Don't train Interceptors to V, Inties are crap and your supports are severely lacking. Just a friendly tip in general. Not gonna rip on your skills much because you have so low SP, but there are some slightly retarded moments in there. Like, you didn't even train the overloading support skills (Nanite Operation and Nanite Interfacing).

SP limits you. You can't fly a single ship that is useful to us in the primary gang we run except for a Dramiel (or Interdictor if you train that up), if you fancy sitting 300k off fights for warpins.

Good solo work though, always great to see that in people.

I have a lenghty skillplan inplace for all support skills, but as you said..it takes time.
And yeah..i end up flying interceptors a lot and i enjoy them as well, so i figured why not get it to 5, even though there arguebly are more important things to train.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next