Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Morality and Honor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:05 am 
Corp member

Rep: -18
so i just read the thingo otter posted. just glanced at it between assigns but here are my thoughts:

the only think i found morally disturbing was (and im not sure if this was lost in translation) but whether or not the teacher was trying to scare / get the girl in trouble then acted in a more morally culpable way herself? not so much a wrong way necessarily but a hypocritical way. kinda reminds me of police state stories where the informant is more dirty than the person they are ratting out. (especially as the act they are ratting on is not one they themselves consider wrong or one they wouldnt do)

certainly the girl even keeping some for her friend knowing it was illegal is not inherently immoral. assuming she doesnt believe there to be any danger to her friend. of course if what she read led her to believe the substance was ACTUALLY dangerous and could cause her / her friends etc bad times (outside legal repercussions for the sake of arguing this case) then it would be a more morally culpable act.

there is another thing i thought was interesting, the class was not warned about anything but poison ivy and the teachers did not ask them to bring it in to check out what they had found earlier on in their assignment period. (despite it being obvious there are some plans which could be more dangerous than poison ivy that arnt cannabis. - or you know organised supervision for the children while they were in the woods collecting samples etc.)

Post subject: Re: Morality and Honor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 am 
Corp member

ultimately my solution would be no state involvement bar education about the substance. (if that)

the teacher will probably be fired im thinking. and i think thats fair.

maybe the school should introduce policies that made sure there was more supervision esp for kids under the age of 16 who are doing assigns that could put them in harms way potentially.

also: re-reading it... i think the teacher might have been pretty good about it? id want a bit more info about exactly what she did to the kid / or said. not just "your lucky to not be in more trouble"

Last edited by Minigin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am 
Corp member

oh and the classmate should be punished for his use of english.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:49 pm 
Corp member

in light of the update i move to dismiss all charges against ms. sexy teacher.

i kinda linked the police coming to her at first but if it was just a random check then shes pretty boss mode about the whole thing.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]